ISO 9001 certification in Saudi Arabia is a very good tool for process improvement. To ensure an effective quality management system, preventive and corrective measures are taken. These bodies help the organizations in Saudi to get certified. An interesting thing to note here is that ISO 9001 is the only standard in ISO 9000 series which can be certified.
Cost of ISO Certificate registration
While considering the cost multiple factors are to be considered. The cost of ISO certificate or certificates is variable. There are many factors involved which are as follows-
- Type of industry
- Type of territory
- Region in which it is located
- Standards Implemented already
- Certifying industry
The charges may vary from country to country. Also, there are additional surveillance charges which are applied from second and third year. But if the cost benefit ratio is considered, it seems affordable. The standard is based on the process approach and risk based thinking.
Things to be taken care of during certification process
Below are the few points which need to be taken care of or kept in mind when one thinks of getting involved in the ISO certification in Saudi Arabia.
- Always verify the certificate through online means.
- Ask for audit reports filed by the auditor
- You can opt for any standard irrespective of the industry but general advice is to go for standard 9001 as it a a general standard and covers almost everything.
- ISO is an international organization whose motive is to implement global standards across all the industries.
Pros and cons of getting ISO done by a consultant
- You tend to get genuine and solid advice and you don’t have to brain storm about each and every step.
- Continuous improvement- The management system is focused on continuously improving the business processes.
- Hiring a consultant would cost too much.
- There is no promise of you getting the ISO 9001 certification.
- It is a time consuming process.
- Sometimes people fall in trap of false/ fake consultants.
Advantages of the ISO standard and certification in a nutshell
Due to huge competition it has become difficult to sustain in the market. Hence, the need to ISO 9001 certification in Saudi Arabia is in high demand. It is designed in such a manner that can fit in any organization irrespective of it s nature and size. The two pillars of the standard are-
- Customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement
Step by step implementation process
The process methodology involves various stages. The steps involved in achieving ISO 9001 certification in Saudi Arabia for an organization are
- Gap analysis
- Awareness training
- Templates and documentation
- Internal audit training
- Internal audit
- Management review meeting
ISO 9001 is considered as the mother of all other ISO standards because implementing the ISO certification consultant in Saudi Arabia standard forms a good foundation in order to integrate other management system which is published by international organization for standardization.